Can Coffee Reduce Risk of COVID-19 Infection?
Coffee consumption may reduce risk of COVID-19 infection
A study by researchers at Northwestern University discovered that consuming one or more cups of coffee per day "was associated with about a 10% decrease in risk of COVID-19 compared to less than 1 cup/day". Compared to people who do not drink coffee, people that do may have a less chance of contracting a severe COVID-19 infection.
As we've discussed before, coffee is linked to many health benefits including potentially lowering the risk of Parkinson's Disease. Coffee is packed with antioxidants. Antioxidants help fight off free radicals in the body, helping maintain optimal healthy.
10 Coffee Facts You May Not Know:
- Coffee plants require tons of water; specifically, one pound of coffee requires 2,500 gallons of water.
- Men who drink six or more cups of coffee a day have a 20% less chance of getting prostate cancer.
- We here at Koffee Kult are not the only ones who love coffee; four out of five Americans start their day with a cup of coffee.
- Perhaps one of the most surprising coffee facts is that espresso has less caffeine than brewed coffee.
- About 500 billion cups of coffee are drank each year – that’s a whole lot of coffee!
- The largest cup of coffee was 3,700 gallons, which is equivalent to 60,000 regular cups.
- Americans drink more coffee than any other country in the world, ensuring that Koffee Kult stays busy.
- A cup of coffee contains more antioxidants than a cup of grape juice. Out of all the coffee facts, we bet that this is the one you wish you knew about sooner!
- Coffee is the world’s most widely traded global commodity, with crude oil falling in second place.
- If you buy coffee from somewhere other than Koffee Kult, you may not know what you are getting; cheap coffee could have been harvested as long as nine years ago.
Shop Popular Coffee
How to store premium coffee beans
When you purchase your premium Koffee Kult coffee beans, you will want to keep them fresh for as long as you can. After all, there is nothing like grinding up fresh beans and brewing that perfect cup of coffee. The key objective here is to make that first cup as fresh tasting as the last. Here are a few tips to do just that.
Know your beans: roasting stages
Koffee Kult uses different names to describe the different roasts which we produce. For example, you have your light, medium, and dark roasts. Professional roasters that have specific recipes like to follow a roasting profile to achieve the flavor they are searching for. Of course, roasting is not the only factor that plays into the art of roasting premium coffee.