Pumpkin Spice Cold Brew with Sweet Cream Recipe:
Put a twist on this classic summer drink as we transition into fall! First you'll need to brew up cold brew using the below instructions. Try Koffee Kult's Medium Roast blend first for a smooth brew.
- Using the ratio 1:7, you will use one pound of coarse grind size coffee and add 34 oz of water. When preparing cold brew, you want to use higher volumes because the coffee will absorb a lot of water. Next, place both ingredients in your favorite jug and let it sit at room temperature.
- Time is a key factor in this brewing method and requires patience. You will need to let it sit and steep for at least 16 hours.
- After the time is up, filter the coffee using a V60 or a Chemex filter for a clean finish
- Refrigerate immediately after filtering. Drink within the next two weeks. As time passes, it will oxidize and the flavor will not be pleasant.
- Feel free to experiment with different ratios and brewing times. Some people like it as strong 1:5, but filtered after 8 hours. There are endless combinations of grind size, brewing time and ratios that you can try.
Pumpkin Sweet Cream Ingredients & Directions:
- 1/2 cup 2% milk or condensed milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 - 1 1/2 tbsp. pumpkin puree
- 1/2 - 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tbsp. sweetener of choice: brown sugar, maple syrup, etc. (optional - you can also use sweetened condensed milk instead for sweetener)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract (optional)
To make your sweet cream, mix all ingredients in a bowl or cup. You can also heat in a pan over the stove on medium heat until dissolved. Use your frother of choice and whip until your desired level of froth is achieved. Fill 3/4 cup with cold brew and then top with sweet cream. Optional: add pumpkin spice syrup to cold brew and mix well before adding sweet cream.
Try More Recipes
White Chocolate Latte
Espresso is not necessary to make this sweet brew. Simply substitute any of your favorite blends.
French Hot Chocolate Coffee
French Hot Chocolate combines the best of both worlds to create a concoction of amazing flavors.
Orange Mocha Coffee
Enjoy summer all year long with this summertime favorite recipe that will remind you of sunshine.