The perfect cup of coffee is just a few minutes away. It just takes a few steps and high quality coffee.
Have you ever had a cup of coffee that instantly transforms you to a place of pure bliss and happiness. Alternatively, have you ever had that cup of coffee that made you cringe with the first sip. So what's the difference? Is there really a formula for the perfect cup of coffee? Well yes, we think so!
There are so many different options on how to make a cup of coffee available to you everyday. Society has started to turn to convenience and those instant cups of coffee although not as good, have become the norm. Well we say that's ridiculous. You can have a STELLAR cup of coffee everyday in just a few minutes with little equipment.
Before anything else, it's important to know your coffee will only be as good as the beans you use. Even if you follow all of these steps, if you aren't starting with the highest quality beans, you will always be missing out. No matter what your preference is, Koffee Kult only sells the highest quality coffee, batch roasted in small batches by real people! Each batch is roasted and tested by our team of master roasters, only allowing the highest quality to fill our bags!
Let's talk the perfect cup of coffee:
- Use fresh filtered water. You can use your filtered water from the fridge or buy a pitcher that filters your water for you. Removing the chemicals and chlorine taste from the water before brewing will help make the highest quality cup of coffee.
- Use freshly roasted beans! Walk into your average grocery store, and the beans on the shelf may have been roasted months or even years ago. Instead, find a quality roaster in your community or online. Finding coffee that is roasted and immediately packaged to ensure freshness is key.
- Grind your beans at home. There are two options here. You can use a blade grinder or a Burr grinder. There are benefits and some compromises you will make with each, but grinding your beans at home helps preserve quality and taste of the beans. Once beans are ground, they start to lose their taste and quality within the day.
- You can store your freshly ground beans in an airtight container in a dark place on the counter or in a cabinet. Don't store coffee in the refrigerator. Coffee is a natural absorbent and will quickly pick up the tastes of whatever you have stored in the fridge. Unless you want blue cheese and salmon flavored coffee, keep your coffee out of the fridge!
- Once beans are ground, one of the easiest ways to make the perfect cup of coffee is to use a french press. A french press takes just a bit more work than the auto-drip option but these steps make for quite a great cup of coffee. French press helps preserve the natural oils and all the natural flavors of the coffee bean. Filters take away the natural flavors of the final cup. If you use an auto-drip coffee machine, a cone filter with metal mesh screening is preferred.
- If using a french press, heat you water (around 212 Fahrenheit is preferred). Add 1 tbs. of coffee grounds for every 6 ounces of water, plus or minus depending on your preference. Pour hot water over beans and allow to steep for 3-4 minutes.
- Press the coffee beans down to the bottom and serve immediately.