Meringues – the small, easy dessert that can satisfy your sweet tooth in just one bite. Eat them by themselves or sandwich them together with a whipped cream filling. Decorate them with sprinkles or drizzle them in chocolate. Learn how to incorporate your preferred Koffee Kult coffee beans into the airy, timeless delights!
What you need:
- 3 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon of Koffee Kult Medium, Dark, or French Roast Coffee Beans
- 1 ½ tablespoons of Koffee Kult Dark Roast, finely ground into espresso
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- ¾ cup of sugar
- Electric mixer
- Preparation time: 10-15 minutes
- Cook time: 75-90 minutes
- Cool time: 30-60 minutes
- Preheat your oven to 200°
- Using your electric mixer, begin to whisk your egg whites together at a low speed and gradually increase speed up to high until thick, soft peaks start to form.
- Gradually add the ¾ cup of sugar and continue to beat the eggs.
- Add the vanilla extract and the ground espresso.
- Take a spoon and place 1 ½ inch to 2-inch-wide dollops, about 1 inch apart, onto a parchment-lined or buttered cookie baking sheet.
- Gently place one coffee bean on each meringue mound.
- Bake in a 200° oven for about 1 ½ hours, or until meringues look like they are turning crisp or have a slight light brown color.
- Turn off the oven and let the meringues finish cooking and cooling off.
- After an hour, take them out of the oven and slide a spatula underneath the meringues to successfully part them from the pan without damage.