It is important to take care of your coffee maker, because unfortunately the machine is a breeding ground for bacteria and mold. You need to clean your coffee maker regularly, about one a month or so, because the reservoir has an extremely high germ count, full of different bacteria. Do not fret! Cleaning your coffee maker is easier and quicker than you may think. Koffee Kult wants you to know that you can easily clean your coffee maker in just a few steps, with some essential household cleaning items you have lying around.
To clean your coffee maker, all you need is water, white vinegar, and baking soda.
1. Mix equal parts of vinegar and water, put it into the reservoir, then “brew” the water (without putting coffee in the machine, of course).
2. After the first brew cycle is finished, brew another pot of water, but this time make sure the water is not mixed with anything so it can rinse the vinegar solution away.
3. In order to remove stains from your coffee pot, use a sponge and some baking soda.
4. If the stains are stubborn, mix 2 cups of baking soda with 4 cups of water, pour it in the coffee pot, and let the pot sit overnight.
5. To maintain cleanliness, wash the removable parts of your coffee pot in warm, soapy water after every use.
If you follow these steps to clean your coffee maker, the experts at Koffee Kult are sure that your coffee maker will continue to run well and your coffee will taste fantastic. Happy brewing!