Coffee beans are magical, and no one can deny it. Eating coffee beans can decrease heartburn, drowsiness, and pain, and when covered in chocolate are all around delicious. Consuming roasted coffee beans as a drink increases energy levels, burns fat, can lower the risk of diabetes, Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, and depression. In the western diet, coffee is one of the biggest sources of antioxidants, and if consumed black, is one of the healthiest beverages on the planet. Okay, we have made our point. But rubbing it on your skin? That’s a new one.
Koffee Kult is a top provider of 100% Arabica coffee beans and Columbian Hulia coffee, and our coffee experts are here to share with you an amazing DIY coffee scrub that will change your life forever. This DIY coffee scrub can be used as an exfoliant. It can also decrease cellulite, all while tightening and toning your skin. Aside from the bodily benefits of this DIY coffee scrub, it smells delicious, especially when applied in a steaming shower.
All you need for this recipe is:
2. Coconut Oil, 6 tablespoons. If you do not have coconut oil, you can opt for olive oil.
3. Sugar, 3 tablespoons. Koffee Kult prefers sugar for our DIY coffee scrub; however, if you do not want to use sugar, feel free to use sea salt.
4. Empty Jar or container to store the scrub in.
1. Measure out the dry ingredients, being the coffee grounds and sugar or salt, and combine them into a bowl.
2. If your coconut oil is solid in the jar, melt the 6 tablespoons in the microwave for a few seconds first. Add the coconut oil to the dry ingredients mixture.
3.Make sure to mix well! Until all ingredients are fully combined.
4. Transfer the contents of the coffee scrub from your bowl to the empty jar or container of your choice. Koffee Kult suggests using one that is waterproof so the contents do not get wet when you bring them into the shower.
5. Before getting into the shower, you can use a shower brush to exfoliate your skin and stimulate blood flow.
6. When in the shower, apply the coffee scrub to the areas on your skin with cellulite. Massage in a circular motion, soft and smoothly.
7. Be wary of the coffee grounds in your shower drain. Make sure you are rinsing your shower with hot water to allow the grounds to flow down your drain without clogging it.
We hope you enjoy this very special DIY coffee scrub from your coffee experts at Koffee Kult!